Posted 13 days ago
Main Job Purpose:
• Clearance of void properties, including maintenance of gardens and/or communal spaces associated with void properties, which will include loading items onto vehicles and driving to various locations where they will be unloaded. Other miscellaneous works relating to properties, communal areas, and open spaces on housing land.
MAIN AREAS OF WORK
• To carry out clearance and cleaning work of properties vacated by tenants prior to repair or refurbishment works being undertaken.
• To remove items of furniture and other personal possessions for either storage or disposal. Items will be removed from all floors including lofts and gardens, onto appropriate vehicles or skips, etc. and to thoroughly clean the property.
• Follow inventory lists of property goods to be removed for safekeeping and ensure that such property is handled and loaded onto vehicles in a manner that is not detrimental to its condition and safely unloaded for storage • To deal safely with and dispose of drug related paraphernalia.
• To undertake horticultural practices necessary for the clearance and restoration of gardens and open spaces associated with void property, gardening equipment, and any other equipment to facilitate the restoration of the property to a habitable condition.
• It will be necessary to comply with statutory requirements, carry out vehicle checks and complete driver’s log sheets etc.
• Must be willing to undertake and complete training as appropriate.
• To carry out any other duties which fall within the broad scope, levels and purpose of this job description.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrate the ability to undertake the duties of the role.
• Manual lifting techniques.
• Achieving high standards within time constraints.
• Team Working.
• Flexible in approach to work.
• Valid driving licence.
• Working in restricted, unpleasant, and inclement conditions.
• To implement and positively promote equal opportunities in service delivery and employment practices.
• To take due responsibility and set an example for the health and safety of yourself and other individuals.
• To undertake training and attend meetings as required and directed by your line manager.
• To take responsibility for managing, monitoring and reducing risk within the team.
37 hour week, start 7.30am from our Bury St Edmunds Depot with potential for overtime and Saturday work.