HGV Class 1 Driver
Posted 10 days ago
HGV Class 1 Driver
HGV Class 1 Driver required for a position with our well-established client in Longbridge, Birmingham.
This particular company are well known and have operated in the UK for over 70 years. The HGV Class 1 Driver will be placed in a long term on-going position with fast track access to permanent vacancies.
The HGV Class 1 Driver will be required to work Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday. The role will include 4 nights out per week either staying in the truck or in a hotel. The work will be the collection and delivery of high value cars to and from showrooms from rail and sea ports.
The HGV Class 1 driver will have to work alone with the use of a PDA which will alert you of the next collection and delivery. All of our clients trucks are modern 65ft double decker trailers, the cabs are clean and with plenty of living room. Due to the nature of the work and the value of the cars you will carry an exerianced driver will be needed. Prior to the position starting you will attend 2 weeks paid 'on the job' training.
Requirements for this role:
The HGV Class 1 Driver will require:
• C+E entitlement on their licence
• Valid Digital tacho & CPC Card
• No more than 9 points on licence
• Safety Boots & Hi Viz Vest
• Willingness to Tramp and stay away from home 4 nights per week
Hours & Pay:
The start time will be 05:00-06:00 Monday morning and the HGV Class 1 Driver will work until friday away from home. The working week will be between 50 & 60 hours over a 5 day period (occasional saturdays to roll back to base).
• £12.00 per hour Monday to Friday (PAYE)
• £13.00 per hour Monday to Friday (Limited Company)
• £16.00 per hour Saturday (PAYE)
• £17.00 Per hour Saturday (Limited Company)
• £25 night out allowance is provided
How to apply:
Simply click the apply button or register online at www.workchain.co.uk
Work together, we’re better connected