Posted 9 days ago
Warehouse Operative required for our client in Avonmouth.
Established in 1866 and providing over 150 years of customer service with a mind-set that sets them apart from their competitors. A leading steel stock holding business, with 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet. They are expanding and looking for a Warehouse Operative to join the team on a permanent basis.
Working in a fast-paced environment, specific tasks could include:
• Pick computer generated orders with repetitive handling/lifting of heavy and large item.
• Loading, cutting and offloading of steel.
• Ensure all documentation is correctly actioned for accuracy of stock.
• Transferring stock to its location using a Forklift trucks and cranes.
• Assisting in the overall production and dispatch of customers’ orders.
• Keep work area clean and tidy maintain high levels of Health and Safety.
• Operate machinery (only when trained to do so)
Hours & Pay
The annual salary is £19,000 basic, which will rise to £25,000 once training is completed. (Training usually lasts 3 months)
21 days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension & monthly bonus potential.
Working Monday to Friday, either 06.00 to 14.00 or 14.00 to 22.00.
Requirements for this Warehouse Operative role are
Experience as a Warehouse Operative but not necessarily in the Steel Industry, as training will be given.
Have a flexible attitude, be results oriented and enjoy working in a team environment.
Side-Loader/ Fork-Lift and overhead crane experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Health & Safety awareness.
How to apply
Simply click the apply button or register online at www.workchain.co.uk
Work together, we’re better connected.