7.5 Tonne Driver
7.5T Driver required for a position with our client in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
Our client prides themselves on being a family run business and are rightly proud of their successful history. Having operated out of their main site in Peterborough for over 70 years, the company are now highly regarded as the region’s leading foodservice wholesaler. This business built their foundations within the farming industry. However, with a recognition for a need to diversify, they have made a successful transition into becoming a well-recognised foodservice wholesaler of frozen goods. Our client regards their staff as a pivotal part of their accomplishments and are now hiring for a 7.5T Driver to add value to the business on a temporary to permanent basis.
The 7.5T Driver - The Role:
- Perform all duties with due and constant regard for the Health and Safety of yourself, other employees, and those with whom your duties involve contact, including customers and other road users.
- Deliver the company’s products as scheduled by the transport planner to customer premises ensuring all customer requirements are met. Discharge products in accordance with the instruction on the delivery ticket or as advised by the customer.
- Complete daily vehicle checks for defects prior to taking the vehicle on the road to ensure it is in a roadworthy and legal condition.
- Notify the transport team promptly of any faults disclosed by inspections which are considered to merit immediate attention. All details of defects must be entered into the vehicle defect log.
- Deliver to an average of 20 locations per day. Each delivery will contain roughly 40kg of products and the heaviest product could weigh up to 15kg. Deliveries will be situated within 50 miles of the depot in Peterborough.
- Full Training will be given and the successful candidate will be coupled-up with another driver for the first week whilst learning the role/routes
The 7.5T Driver – The Person:
- Valid (C1) Licence.
- Valid CPC and Digital Tachograph Card.
- Standard Grade level 4 or equivalent National Grade in Maths and English preferred.
- A working knowledge of Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive Legislation.
- Strong demonstrable skills and experience as an (C1) driver.
What We Offer:
- Weekly Pay
- Flexible Working Hours
- Holiday Entitlement
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Full Digital Control of Your Working Life
The shift times will be 07:30 – 17:00